Saturday, May 5, 2007

Funny Feline!

I'm at a friend's place, kitty-sitting (all you boys making funny jokes about that- ha ha... very funny... NOT!) Its funny, I never thought I was a cat person. And its funny, I still don't think I am! And the only reason why its that funny to me is that I think the cat and I are both a little scared of each other!

I mean, its not like scary-scary (even though he looks like a miniature lion!). But I certainly get a little startled when the cat lands on the head-rest of the couch I'm sitting on. That, in turn, startles the cat! After all that mutual startling, I laugh a little in my head at how stupid this whole thing is! One would think that just how baby-sitters know what to do around babies, cat-sitters should kinda-sorta know what to do around cats. Not me!


Having said all of that, I do think that the cat and I have fun sometimes. There's this laser-torch thingie here. Sometimes, when he is in the mood, and when I feel like holding down the poke-y (is that even a word?!?!?) button on the little torch, he'll chase the laser dot all over the apartment till he's exhausted. Funny cat, he is- chasing a red dot all over the place! He'd probably be good at karaoke! (don't even bother). He also has a "secret place". Of course, he only "thinks" that its his secret place. Smack in the middle of the dining area, is a big carton filled with paper and some pillows. That's where he "hides" so he can be "on the prowl" before "attacking" the evil red dot. Its quite funny to watch him become a hunter all of a sudden. Silly cat!




I'm sleepy now. I could go to sleep on the couch, but I won't. The cat is sleeping on the head-rest of the couch. Don't ask me how the hell he balances himself, but he is clearly sleeping right now and the only falling he has done, is "asleep". So the reason I don't want to sleep on the couch is that I don't want the cat to come and snuggle up to me while I'm sleeping. Because if he did, he'd startle me and I'd probably jump out of my skin; that would startle him right back and we would be a couple of startled beings in the middle of the night! (Try imagining that; its quite funny!)


I really have no business cat-sitting! But I put out food in his food-bowl and make sure his water-bowl is never dry. That is all I can do around a cat. However, he is certainly used to having humans around. Maybe he'll understand that in my own startled-n-startling way, all I'm doing is trying to make sure he is taken care of.

4 comments:

Shiv said...

aah, cats! but they're quite hassle free in one sense, they keep to themselves most times... the laser video is too funny – the predatory cat going for the kill :D

cool blog, btw... :)

Purple said...

crazy cats! they certainly ARE self-soothing, though- that ensures that my fears dont come in the way of pet-sitting!

Rupin said...

what was the cat's name again??

Purple said...

Patton!